[Scribus] Image frame doesn't make any sense to me

Celso Junior celsojr2007
Wed Sep 5 14:18:02 CEST 2007

Whoa!

Interesting that drag and drop feature!
it tried and it worked just fine to me! Image frame respected de ppi
settings of the image (both tiff and jpg formats) ^_^v

Importing via "image frame get picture" also worked, just with the need
of using "Adjust frame to image"

Other thing, knowing wich size and resolution your image will be printed
sames not just time and quality, but memory also!

Lets say you have a 3000px x 3000px image (ppi or dpi are virtual values
to represent a phisical representation of the pixels) if you set to be
printed, 10in x 10in  it will have 300dpi. If you dont need it to be so
big, you can resize de frame and adjustit to 5in x 5in ... but it will
have 600ppi! Most of top quality printing requires just 300ppi, wich
represent maximum quality...more than that can even causes lost it...
and we must not forget that the memory usage would be the same... a
3000px x 3000px in a 16bit color palette represents
17Mb of uncompressed memory usage... if you resize (like using gimp) the
image to fir 1500px x 1500px for 300ppi 5in x 5in output size,  you can
squareroot the 17Mb ^_^ you use 4.3Mb

A smart decision for those who work with layouts full of images popping
everywhere arround the pages... O_o

Regards