[Scribus] Publishing question

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Sep 14 21:58:19 CEST 2007

> What Pierre recommended was to create a virtual X11 screen with 3000x1800
> pixels. Import that at 300dpi, it will have physical dimensions of 10''x6''
> and will look good in print. Unfortunately large X11 screens  usually mess
> up font sizes and the icons will be very small.

Even if the application handles very large font sizes correctly ( most
will work OK but look strange ) you will find that the user interface
still looks wrong, because lines will be much finer than they appear on
screen (they're still 1 pixel, irrespective of how big that pixel is).
Fine lines might not even be visible and are quite likely not to be
clear, though again this depends a lot on your print process and other
details.

> Thanks for the info. This also means that it makes no sense using
> imagemagick for creating screen shot.
>
> For this purpose, I can use the regular screenshot taking program comes
> installed on my computer.

Yep.

By the way, please change your reply settings so that your e-mail
program generates plain text e-mail instead of HTML, and clearly
identifies replies with something like a > prefix on the lines. Your
email is very hard to read because there is no clear separation between
the quoted text and your additions.

Your e-mail program appears to be hopelessly buggy; it even emits HTML
and CSS in the text/plain part. If you can not turn off HTML mode,
consider finding a better email program.

Here's an excerpt of your email as it appears to many of the users on
the list:

----
   <!--
#toc,