[Scribus] illustrated essays - how to

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Wed Sep 19 22:12:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

I would like to produce a book with illustrations from text stored in
a database to be shown as HTML files. The text is prepared with a kind
of pseudo-code which could be quite easily transformed into something
which could be interpreted by Scribus-filters. Basically, these are
essays on art.

Unfortunately, I see problems with automatically letting text flow
around pictures, so I turned to LaTex. After some learning, I wasn't
that sure anymore if this would be the way to go. They have macros
which lets text flow around pictures, but unfortunately the distance
from image to text is echoed on the other side, so the image he does
not aligned with the text, something that requires a workaround in
HTML as well, as is pretty well known. Also, I got the impression that
LaTex is really focused on scientific papers and books and not so much
on fiction. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Werner