[Scribus] missing images

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Sep 19 22:50:15 CEST 2007

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2007 17:06 schrieb David Eyre:
>
>> Hi folks:
>> I've had a look through the Archives but can't find an answer to this.
>> When I open saved .sla files the images are missing. I re-import them,
>> save the document, close it and then re-open it. The images are gone
>> again. This is a bit frustrating and is adding to our workflow.
>> This is a problem that's just appeared. It can't be to do with moving
>> images or pages around in folders on the file system, because they
>> haven't been moved.
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks,
>> David
>>

> This behaviour is already reported, even though the reason hasn't been found
> yet.
>
> See:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3747

The problem I had seen in the past arose when you had one document open,
then opened a second one from a different directory, in which case
Scribus used the first document's directory as a reference point and
things were totally messed up. This did not occur in Windows according
to Jean Ghali. It was fixed but only in svn in 1.3.3.x and 1.3.5. So it
is not fixed in the stable version or 1.3.4.

Greg