[Scribus] PDF X-3 wont play for me in 1.3.4

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Tue Sep 25 10:30:04 CEST 2007

2007/9/25, Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au>:

> Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 25. September 2007 00:31 schrieb Calum Polwart:
> >> When I try to save a PDF X-3 doc in 1.3.4 it disables the Save Button?
> >> Any ideas why?
> >>
> >> Steps to reproduce: Click PDF (it defaults to PDF 1.3), switch to X-3 -
> >> the previously enabled save button now gets greyed out...
> >>

> > I bet you forgot to enter the info string in the PDF/X-3 tab.
>
> The fact that this has to be asked illustrates that this is a real UI
> issue. Better options include connect(...) ing the save button to a "you
> forgot to enter the UI string" dialog invocation, or having a label
> indicating why it can't be saved yet.

I agree! Maybe we can look at putting there the name of the job as a default
settings.

Side note : there are 8 bug reports on PDF/X-3 and just about half of these
discuss the UI issues. ;)

Louis