[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

John Beardmore John
Thu Sep 27 01:29:11 CEST 2007

m8130 at abc.se wrote:

>> I guess, but with most pictures being a few meg, and most LANs being
>> 100mbps, I can't get excited about the network traffic.  All this
>
> What is wrong with the old fashioned way? To copy the image manually to
> your working directory?

There's nothing wrong with any way.

> Ok, I can agree that it wouldn't be to hard to let Scribus do the copying,
> but I think it must be an option that can be turned off for people who
> already in their workflow do the copying.

Agreed.

> Also, I think most people working in a network environment will store the
> Scribus documents on the network, that would mean that Scribus would copy
> the file from one network location to another, but still have to fetch the
> images over the network.

I don't know about that.  Some of mine live on the laptop, others on the
servers or desktop machines.  It probably won't be long before some of
us start using it over a WAN because the image library is stored in one
location.

These things will vary from case to case.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore, MSc EDM (Open), B.A. Chem (Oxon), CMIOSH, AIEMA, MEI.
Carbon Trust Consultant -  Energy Audit and Design Advice.