[Scribus] Hyphenation

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Thu Sep 27 09:46:50 CEST 2007

> Well this obviously one of the issues caused by reformed spelling  rules (or
> its implementation in algorithms).

I see.

> Proposed solutions:

> 1) Try with the hyphenation file for normal German spelling:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Herk%C3%B6mmliche_deutsche_Silbentrennung_in_Scribus

See below.

> 2) Set the hyphenation settings for your document to "Hyphenation Suggestions"

I would have to check every single word, right? Quite impossible with
a book of hundreds of pages.

> 3) Try to place a smart hyphen after the first "s"

Ok, that was my first idea, but then the text editor was totally
messed up, so I didn't dare to change anything and rather write to the
list. I could have inserted the smart hyphen into the source text,
though, and reload it.

Yes, thanks a lot! I downloaded de_OLDSPELL.zip and it contained 2
files: de_OLDSPELL.dic and de_OLDSPELL.aff

de_OLDSPELL.dic should be renamed to hyph_de.dic - what about the
other? Also, the content of all three files look VERY different:

examples (first lines)

SET ISO8859-1
TRY esianrtolcdugmphbyfvkw??????????ESIANRTOLCDUGMPHBYFVKW???

# (c) copyright by Bjoern Jacke <bjoern at j3e.de>
# my be used under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence version 2
# This licence can be found at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

# inseparable ge- prefix for verbs
PFX G N 1
PFX G   0     ge           .                                     # rufen > gerufen

# un- prefix for anything
PFX U Y 1
PFX U   0     un           .                                     # gesund > ungesund

Totally confused :-(

HYH ;-)