[scribus] Enhance PDF/CMYK export result

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:45:24 CEST 2008

I have had very similar experiences. It is my understanding that, even
if you can't *include* color profile information in the PDF, using
color profiles to simulate the printed result on-screen can be very
helpful.

It has also been my experience that using full-color PNG images
instead of CMYK tiffs results in better looking printed output.

Now that Gimp supports color profiles, I have been able to get much
more consistent results in my printed output. My questions have always
been more like "which color profile to use where?"

Unfortunately, I am not experienced enough with desktop publishing to
give more suggestions. But since my experience is so similar (and tan
girls that are printed with heavy red overtones don't go over well in
tanning salon ads (which is what I have mostly used Scribus for)), I'd
love to hear others suggestions!