[scribus] wanting to know if I have a bug or not

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Wed Jul 9 17:13:35 CEST 2008

John & Melonie Curwood a écrit :
> hi there,
>
> I'm new to Scribus and recently installed version 1.3.3.10 on my Mac
> (OSX10.4 PPC).  The Installation was fine and it started fine when I
> loaded it up, except for one small glitch.  The top of the Scribus
> window is positioned above the top of the monitor, the same thing
> also happens to the Story editor when opened.  This Doesn't render
> Scribus unusable as I am able to use pretty much all functions - even
> on the story editor, which has the top 3/4 of it's buttons missing -
> it just really annoying as I can't reposition the windows, they are
> stuck where they are first opened.  After doing a bit of research
> around the support available, I decided to Install AquaScribus 1.3.4
> to see if the problem carried on - so I installed in parallel with
> 1.3.3.10 for comparison, but it has exactly the same issue.  So my
> question is:  Is this a bug that is in the mac version of Scribus or
> is it an issue with OSX, and then to follow it up - is there any way
> I can get the windows to open just a bit lower so I can access the
> bar at the top and move them around the screen.

Hi John,

Can’t replicate this on my MacBook Pro (Intel) running Mac OS X 10.4.

1.3.3.10, 1.3.4 and 1.3.5svn all have windows within the main screen.

I suspect it could be either an issue related to the resolution you have
chosen for your screen in the System Prefs > Monitor or something
related to the PowerPC chip itself. In this last case, someone more
knowledgeable will have to step in the discussion.

Please don’t work with 1.3.4 as it is a development version not meant
for production. Stick with 1.3.3.x series. You will notice some specific
Mac-related glitches too. Please browse the bugtracker to see whether we
already have pinned it down. If not, feel free to file those bugs. We
are not that many working on Macs...

Louis