[scribus] wanting to know if I have a bug or not

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 9 21:58:09 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> Hi. Does Scribus on Mac run in X Windows? If so, you can likely use
> the X Windows window move key combo of ALT+Mouse.
> For example, on my Linux (X Windows) desktop, if I press ALT Key and
> click anywhere on a window, I can move the window as if I clicked on
> the title bar. IIRC, this was true for X Windows on Mac OS X as well
> (don't have my macbook anymore to test, though)

No, with the standard window manager (quartz-wm), alt-click does not
work like this. Standard MacOSX windows, whether X11 or aqua, cannot be
moved if the top bar is hidden.

Anyway, I don't think this is the X11 version of scribus. In any case, I
have never seen this kind of problem with the X11 version. With the aqua
version it happens.

The preferences file to edit is the same for both versions,