[scribus] Re-editing Master Pages

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Jul 14 03:28:15 CEST 2008

Tino Schwarze wrote:

>>> Go to Edit > Master Pages... which will bring up an Edit Master Pages
>>> dialog from which you can choose your Master Page to edit. In this mode
>>> you edit like any other page. When you click away this new dialog, you
>>> inflexible. Of course, if you edit your Master Page, it will change
>>> wherever it's used in your document.
>
>> That's what I thought. However if I try to re-edit a master page that I have already created, all
>> the text boxes etc. are not able to be selected to re-edit.
>
> Check that you're in the right layer.
>
> Tino.

Yes. Definitely.
Actually the problem even occurs whilst I am working on a Master Page. Say I'm creating a colored
box, with a text box on top of that. If in the middle of entering dimensions into the various
fields of the properties palette, I inadvertently click anywhere within the Scribus window
(except the properties palette), the selection box with the 'handles' disappears and I can no
longer edit anything.

Any suggestions welcome.

Blessings,

Nigel