[scribus] Color management in fine on Ubuntu/Hardy

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Jul 14 21:38:58 CEST 2008

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> * Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> [2008-07-13 14:50:31 +0300]:
>
>> Kubuntu Hardy Heron with Scribus 1.3.3.12
>>
>> I'm trying to get color management working.
>> I have installed liblcms1 but can't get Scribus to 'see' it (I don't have 'Input Profiles' on the
>> Image tab in the Properties box.
>> I have also extracted the AdobeICCProfiles.zip into ~/nigel/.color/icc and have enabled the
>> 'Activate Color Management' in [Scribus] Preferences.
>>
>> Is there anything else?
>>
>> Blessings,
>>
>> Nigel
>
> Nigel,
>
> I've just tested this with the Hardy 1.3.3.12 package and icc-profiles package
> containing a few sample profiles on a newly installed Hardy system to simulate
> the worst possible case. I do see the "Input profile" menu in the "Image" tab
> in the Properties palette. The only things I did to get to this point were:
>
> * install scribus (1.3.3.12) package from the Scribus Archive using the
> package manager.
> * install icc-profiles package from Ubuntu's Multiverse archive.
> * start scribus and do not create a new document or open an existing document.
> * go to "File>Preferences>Color Management"
> * select the "Activate Color Management" checkbox and select appropriate
> "System Profiles" and "Rendering Intents".
> * create a new document and insert an image frame into a page.
> * insert an image into an image frame.
> * open properties palette and select the "Image" tab.
> <done>
>
> It's working just fine and not because my system is set up for it. Remember -
> I did this on a freshly installed Hardy.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex.

Thanks Alex - that was/is it. It only works for new documents if one enables "Activate Color
Management" *BEFORE* one creates a document.

To clarify: If an existing document was created before "Activate Color Management" was enabled,
then said existing document can never have "Color Management" applied to it. Yes?

Blessings and thanks,

Nigel

--
PrayingForIsrael.net