[scribus] Color management in fine on Ubuntu/Hardy

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Mon Jul 14 22:21:23 CEST 2008

* Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> [2008-07-14 22:38:58 +0300]:

> Thanks Alex - that was/is it. It only works for new documents if one
> enables "Activate Color Management" *BEFORE* one creates a document.
>
> To clarify: If an existing document was created before "Activate Color
> Management" was enabled, then said existing document can never have
> "Color Management" applied to it. Yes?
>
> Blessings and thanks,
>
> Nigel

Nigel,

I think that judging from http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=cms2
"Activate Color Management enables color management globally within the
document. Scribus will remember the settings from file to file. "
these settings are document-specific unless set when no document is open. Then
the color management activation becomes global. If I'm wrong, someone will
likely correct me, though. I do believe this is a common scribus theme - if no
file is open then your settings changes are global; if there is a file open a
number of settings could be file-specific.

Cheers,

Alex.