[scribus] debian confusion

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Fri Jul 18 00:20:07 CEST 2008

I run debian testing. When I do 'apt-cache policy scribus' I get:

scribus:
  Installed: 1.3.3.12.dfsg-1
  Candidate: 1.3.3.12.dfsg-1

When I select Scribus from the (gnome) menu system (btw, why is Scribus
listed under 'Graphics' instead of 'Office'?) it loads 1.3.4.

Part Two:

I've created a document and entered some text in a text frame but I
can't see how to make selected words bold.

When I 'edit styles', selecting 'New' just gives me a little graphical
bar about 0.5in wide and 0.1in high.

--
"Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to
 deal with one another must deal by trade & give value for value."