[scribus] Part1 and part 2

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Jul 19 02:01:00 CEST 2008

Roger wrote:
> When I select Scribus from the (gnome) menu system (btw, why is Scribus
> listed under 'Graphics' instead of 'Office'?) it loads 1.3.4.
>
> You can change it  in the menu
>
> Part Two:
>
> I've created a document and entered some text in a text frame but I
> can't see how to make selected words bold.

In Scribus, bold is not a style that can always be applied. You must
have a bold font listed for the type you want. Some fonts have bold,
some demi-bold, some neither.

> When I 'edit styles', selecting 'New' just gives me a little graphical
> bar about 0.5in wide and 0.1in high.
some of these kinds of things can be fixed by changing the Theme for
Scribus in File > Preferences > General. Change to something other than
Default.

Greg