[scribus] Part1 and part 2

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 05:14:26 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> wrote:
> When I select Scribus from the (gnome) menu system (btw, why is Scribus
> listed under 'Graphics' instead of 'Office'?) it loads 1.3.4.

The location of Scribus in your Gnome menu(s) is highly dependent on
your distro's[1] packages.

That said, it seems that since DTPINWP[2], putting Scribus in Office
makes less sense than Graphics. The DTP workflow doesn't really
involve office-y apps like a word processor, spreadsheet, or
presentation tool, it involves graphics-y apps like photo
editor/manipulator, vector drawing tool, and scanning tools, among
others.

[1] Assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you are using Linux, based on
the mention of Gnome.
[2] Desk Top Publishing Is Not Word Processing :)

--
Jeff Silverman
jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com