[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5svn on Debian testing: problems with paragraph styles

andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 1 14:11:24 CEST 2008

Hi all,
  I'm having problems with Scribus-1.3.5svn (the latest build for
debian from the Scribus repositories).

First, I imported a Scribus-1.3.3.x file into Scribus-1.3.5svn, which
worked fine. It needed some tweaking, as text renders slightly
different, but that's OK.

However, I had a problem with one text frame on one of my master pages
- whenever I tried to edit this specific frame, Scribus crashed with
signal 11. The workaround was to delete this text frame, and create a
new one. Then it was fine, and Scribus stopped crashing.

Now I'm having another problem:
I have a text frame for an article. I have several paragraph styles
defined, and want to apply those to different paragraphs in the
article. However - it does not seem to apply them at all. I can do what
I want, fonts and styles don't change.

I don't have the same problem with other text frames though - which
confuses me.

I deleted and recreated the text frame in question several times, but
I always have the same problem... I'm now trying to think of a
workaround...

Any tips welcome.

Thanks,
Andreas