[scribus] Fonts not included in PDF

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Thu May 8 02:33:40 CEST 2008

 > I composed a document but somehow when I export to PDF the PDF-Export
 > > dialog's Fonts tab lists an extraneous font that I NEVER included used
 > > in the story editor but it somehow got included.

I have had similar things happen when using a number of fonts in one document
and one or more are not true type fonts.
These fonts display in pdf quite wrong or as entirely different.
When printing to pdf some fonts will not embed so I now resort to outline all
fonts instead and this has made the problem go away.
If the font is damaged or not useable in some way, the pdf converter seems to
adopt another font rather than leave a blank space on the document.
Hope this helps
Roger