[scribus] Nomenclature- Templates and Masters - English and German

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon May 12 20:17:06 CEST 2008

Mike Morris wrote:

> My suggestion is that this terminology be retained; that is, do not
> substitute new terms.  I expect both users and commercial printers will
> appreciate the consistent terminology.

It comes down in a sense to a debate about innovation vs standards or
conventions.

If the use of a term like 'foundation layer' violated written standards
I'd be inclined to agree with you, but as 'foundation layer' is a better
description than 'master page', I'm inclined to thing that the long term
win is in using the more descriptive name.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor