[scribus] Which font used in the logo - Armada Regular

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sat May 24 12:58:28 CEST 2008

> It?s not a question of reward, it?s economy here. And I?m a bit shocked to
> read on this list that ~40USD for a professional grade typeface is more
> than
> it should be.

It is often a matter of how much the client is prepared to pay.

If he tells the client that he can not reproduce the logot without buying an
expensive font, the client will probably have someone else do it.

It is also a matter of how much the font will be used. Sure, I would gladly
pay a lot for a font I would use every day (for example in a magazine). But
for a single use (like a single broschure) the cost seems a bit high.

I wish fonts would be licensed the same way for example photographs are: You
pay a certain amount for a defined usage. Any usage outside the agreement
needs a new agreement (and probably a new fee). That way you could pay a
small fee to use the font for a single product, and a bigger fee to use it
for a long time.

/Peter