[scribus] Which font used in the logo - Armada Regular

William F. Maddock billsey at earthlink.net
Sat May 24 15:17:50 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 12:58 +0200, Peter Nermander wrote:
> > It?s not a question of reward, it?s economy here. And I?m a bit shocked to
> > read on this list that ~40USD for a professional grade typeface is more
> > than
> > it should be.
> It is often a matter of how much the client is prepared to pay.
> If he tells the client that he can not reproduce the logot without buying an
> expensive font, the client will probably have someone else do it.
> It is also a matter of how much the font will be used. Sure, I would gladly
> pay a lot for a font I would use every day (for example in a magazine). But
> for a single use (like a single broschure) the cost seems a bit high.
> I wish fonts would be licensed the same way for example photographs are: You
> pay a certain amount for a defined usage. Any usage outside the agreement
> needs a new agreement (and probably a new fee). That way you could pay a
> small fee to use the font for a single product, and a bigger fee to use it
> for a long time.

A drawing program and a scanner would solve the problem rather easily.
In most cases, when a particular font is chosen for a logo, it is chosen
as a result of some compromises having been made by those who want the
logo. Discover the compromises and redraw the characters without those
compromises being included.