[scribus] algem do brasil

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Nov 11 13:55:12 CET 2008

Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes wrote:
> Hi Gregory and everybody else,
>
> Consta no registro GP10291 do Livro da Grande Teia que
> Gregory, em 10/11/08 escreveu o seguinte:
>

>> What you may notice as you do this is that these extensive
>> translations and original contributions were almost entirely the work
>> of Ludi Maciel, whose email you should be able to find in the Scribus
>> credits. We used to hear from him from time to time on the mail list,
>> but not so much recently.
>>

> That's because I'm taking care of the interface translation now...  :-)
>
> I'm sorry. I had to introduce myself and announce this to the
> developers, but had some personal problems here. Now I'm doing the
> revision of the actual translation and working on the untranslated
> strings. Please, if you have any problems or announces of new releases,
> contact me, ok?

This is great to know.

>> My sense is that there are quite a number of Brazilians working with
>> Scribus, so I presume they may have their own list and maybe forum(s).
>>

> As far as I know, there isn't. But, as you said above, the wiki is a
> great place to work. May we brazilians join efforts to work there and
> continue the excellent work Ludi did? If there is any interested on it,
> please contact me in PVT, ok? I'm good to translate, not to write in
> English...  ;-)

Don't ever feel you have to ask permission to enhance the wiki in any
way. We really could use more translators, and not just for Portuguese.
I would also encourage you to stay involved with our mail list. We've
discussed this in the past, but the general sentiment is that we want
people to feel free to communicate on the list in whatever language they
feel comfortable with. I can sometimes get the gist of a to-and-fro
conversation in Portuguese (studied a bit on my own prior to a trip to
the Açores), and there can be some things which would be good for
translation to English since they answer questions many have had or will
have.

Muito obrigado,

Greg