[scribus] Font mystery

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Nov 11 14:36:05 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 07:53:57 am John Culleton wrote:
> On Monday 10 November 2008 04:56:40 pm Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > John Culleton wrote:
> > > I called up one of the templates in 1.3.5 and it said the fonts
> > > were not available and would I like to substitite something.
> > > Well, I substituted for each font the very same font, taken
> > > from a pulldown list. This is not hard to do but I wonder why
> > > it is necessary?
> >
> > The mystery comes from someone making what may have been a very
> > slight name change in the font. Why they do this is unknown, but
> > it is very annoying.
> >
> > Greg

> The names as displayed are however identical. So I assume it is a
> file name difference. The template is probably a holdover from an
> earlier version of Scribus. I will try updating and then resaving
> the template.  Stay tuned.

Two more anomalies. No matter how I change the paragraph styles the
beginning paragraph remains in Bitstream Bold Italic on the page
proper.  It says it is in something else in the story editor and the
but I cannot change it on screen.

Also, when I go into the paragraph style editor the list of available
fonts is much more restricted than when I list fonts in the story
editor.

The template in question is Brochure_1.  I will try to build a similar
file in 1.3.5 and see how that goes.

--
John Culleton