[scribus] Confused on how to insert/delete pages

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Nov 18 03:56:01 CET 2008

John Beardmore wrote:

> I share your problem in that I use Scribus to put technical reports
> together, and sometimes, (probably usually !), things get inserted at
> a late stage as things evolve.
>
> This seems to offend the layout purists who feel that Scribus should
> ONLY be used for layout once all the elements that will be in the
> final draft of a document are available, and further, seem to feel
> that Scribus should make little if any compromise to any other way of
> working.
This is not a matter of any "layout purists" dictating anything. When
you paint yourself into a corner, it doesn't do any good to blame the
paint, the brush, or the room. And what answer do you expect from
another painter?

Perhaps it's better not to initially create left and right pages, but
just individual ones, until you get the content set, then make your left
and right page layout afterward. Maybe you can divide the work into
sections and add blank pages as needed. As with many other things, there
are many ways to use Scribus.

Greg