[scribus] Scribus for Comics

Nora oceanic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:25:46 CEST 2008

Submitted on 09/24/2008 - 22:25
Submitted by anonymous user: [207.180.160.69]

Submitted values are

   Your contact information:
     Name: Nora
     Email Address: oceanic at gmail.com
   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.12
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: MacOS X
     Version: OSX 10.4.10
     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
   Your request content:
     Subject: Scribus for Comics
     Message:
I am thinking about using Scribus on my Mac for the graphic novel I am
currently doing.  I have page layouts at 10x15, and the original plan was to
take my Wacom tablet and draw/trace these pages into a DTP (I was thinking
InDesign at first).  Is that functionality available with Scribus, and will
it let me manipulate fonts and images?  How meaty is the image editor (is it
comparable to Photoshop)?

I'm 100% for supporting open-source and Linux/Unix products, but I need to
know if it has all the functionality I would need.  I am a newbie to DTPs
(used to be a pen-and-paper girl), so any info would be great to have.
Thanks!

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/22