[scribus] Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) PlugIn, Adobe InDesign

Steve Herrick estebandido at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:23:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:23 AM, avox <avox at arcor.de> wrote:

> Not sure what you mean by 'tag' here. An XML element or an attribute?

I was thinking an element.

> 'display' is needed anyway to control the layout, for example it controls if
> the
> element is a block element (paragraph) or a inline element (character
> sequence)
> or none (nonvisible elements).

Hm, true. My XML is rather rusty...

> Using SVG this way would be quite unsatisfactory for the user :-).
> Textframes primarily display character content, the elements are just for
> formatting and grouping. OTOH in SVG most content is defined by elements
> without any character content. Vector data is not text data.

That's generally true, though I've made a number of half-page and
full-page files in Inkscape for use in a Scribus file (or at work,
Illustrator and InDesign), and they included full paragraphs of text
in SVG.
--
Steve Herrick

Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to understanding.
- Hobbes the tiger