[scribus] Guide Manager 1.3.5svn

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 08:54:27 CEST 2009

I can't figure out how to use the Guide Manager for double sided US
letter pages (612 x 792 points).

I have set the inside margin to 93.6 points and the outside margin to
57.6 points. Top and bottom margins are 36 points.

I want to create one horizontal guide and one vertical guide on all
pages, and the guides should be in the center of the page less its
margins. In other words, for the horizontal margin its position should
be 360 points from the top and bottom margins, or 396 points from the
top and bottom of the actual page. I have set it to 396 and it works.

But the vertical margin must alternate. I can set it to 324 points from
the left edge of the page and it is perfectly correct on all the right
pages. But it is then wrong on all the left pages. I tried the
Column/Row tab but adding one margin there makes two margins appear on
the left side page.

I'm completely confused.