[scribus] Style editor "Copy of <style>"?

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Sat Apr 18 04:46:17 CEST 2009

Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 20:11:28 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
>
>> In 1.3.5svn April 15 on Intrepid the style editor is littered with tons
>> of "Copy of <stylename>" entries.
>>
>> Where do these come from? Do I need them?
>>

> Did you import multiple OO.o documents with identical style names?
>
> Christoph

It would be nice if, when importing a document and identical style names
are found, the user is given the opportunity to:

@    import the foreign styles, over-riding the document styles
@    apply the local styles, over-riding the imported styles.

This could be global or style by style if you had some local or imported
styles you preferred. FrameMaker does this globally and it is very handy
when opening Word files that have different format properties but
identical style names.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel: +61 3 9809 1229   Fax: (call phone first)
Mobile (cell): +61 412 461 558   Skype: hedley.finger
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>