[scribus] Style editor "Copy of <style>"?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 05:24:24 CEST 2009

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:46:17 +1000
Hedley Finger <hfinger at handholding.com.au> dijo:

> Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 20:11:28 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> >
> >> In 1.3.5svn April 15 on Intrepid the style editor is littered with tons
> >> of "Copy of <stylename>" entries.
> >>
> >> Where do these come from? Do I need them?

> > Did you import multiple OO.o documents with identical style names?

> It would be nice if, when importing a document and identical style names
> are found, the user is given the opportunity to:
>
> @    import the foreign styles, over-riding the document styles
> @    apply the local styles, over-riding the imported styles.
>
> This could be global or style by style if you had some local or imported
> styles you preferred. FrameMaker does this globally and it is very handy
> when opening Word files that have different format properties but
> identical style names.

I did not import any OOo text into this document ever. However, I did
copy and paste text from OOo a great deal.

But having said that, the styles that I find copies of in Scribus are
the Scribus styles. The styles as defined in the OOo text all had
completely different names. And none of those styles appear in Scribus
anywhere. I always just copied and pasted the text from OOo, then
applied the Scribus styles.