[scribus] GSoC 2009 Accepted Student Proposals posted

OM malex at scribus.info
Mon Apr 20 22:23:59 CEST 2009

Greetings,

The wonderful folks at Google Open Source Programs Office have finalised the
accepted student proposals for this year's GSoC program. Scribus team is happy
to announce that we have four accepted proposals this year and would like to
congratulate Vipin Vichattu Johney, Thach Tran, Meetanshu Gupta, and Dhanashree
Nellayi Prasad on the acceptance into the GSoC program under the guidance of our
wonderful mentors Jean Ghali, Pierre Marchand, Petr Vanek, and Andreas Vox. Our
students will be working on improving Search and Replace functionality, Better
Masterpages, Improving PDF Export, and Implementing XPS support. We'd like to
thank all our student applicants for this year. We know that you worked very
hard on your applications and showed your determination by communicating with
mentors throughout the application process. We're very happy and proud to that
you chose to apply to GSoC through the Scribus Team. Good luck and do have fun
coding for Scribus this Summer!

We also have a tentative offer from a third party to fund our fifth ranked
student. More information will be coming in few weeks, but for now it appears
that all of our ranked students will be funded, so nobody goes home
empty-handed.

Regards,

Alex for all Scribus Team GSoC 2009 Admins and Mentors