[scribus] Washed out colors, no transparencies

wingsgroup techsupport at wingsgroup.org
Fri Apr 24 06:11:40 CEST 2009

Christoph Schäfer wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 23. April 2009 17:56:51 schrieb wingsgroup:
>> wingsgroup wrote:
>> > I just saved my sla file as a PDF (1.3) and there were a couple issues
>> > with it. For one thing, the colors look washed out compared to the sla
>> > file. Also, I had a couple transparent blocks that did not show up as
>> > transparent, but solid instead. Any ideas as to what I should do??
>>
>> As for the transparencies, I cannot save the PDF as 1.4 because Lulu.com
>> requires that I save as 1.3. So, I am still stuck there and would
>> appreciate any more suggestions!
>
> Save the file as PDF 1.4 and open it in Adobe Reader. Then print a
> PostScript
> file with AR and use ps2pdf13 on the command line to convert the PS file
> PDF 1.3
>
> Christoph

Thanks for the help! Since I was in a rush, I actually ended up going into
Gimp and cutting out boxes from the background, then lightening them, then
placing them over top the original background (since I am very new to Gimp
and didn't know how to make transparent boxes on the background the "right"
way). It worked fine, since the background was somewhat nondescript to begin
with.