[scribus] GraphWiz / GraphViz ?

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Mon Apr 27 21:54:34 CEST 2009

John Beardmore schrieb:
> In trying to find out how do get the windows Scribus 1.3.5 Beta 1
> spell checker to work, I went poking around the configuration of
> external tools.
>
> While there I saw a reference to "Dot (GraphWiz)". Wondering what this
> is, I played with google, but could only find http://www.graphviz.org/
>
> Should the text in Scribus read "Dot (GraphViz)" instead ?
>
> This looks like a handy addition !  Is anything anticipated to render
> graphed data or graphs of mathematical functions ?
>

> Thanks, J/.
Hi John, Herm implemented this feature last year during his GSOC
project. When he build up the functionality to render LateX code inside
of Scribus, I had the idea that this can also be useful for other
programs. So, fact is, that with this feature every commandline program
which takes some code as input and produces images as output, can be
used here.

And yes, it is "GraphViz" and not "GraphWiz".

Best,

Tom