[scribus] pdf problems

michael crane mick.crane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:33:59 CET 2009

2009/2/27 Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se>:
>> then I opened the pdf that scribus had made back into scribus and the
>> graphics were missing and some coloured text was the wrong colour.
>
> This is where we most of us lose you. Scribus is not designed to open
> PDFs. The only thing Scribus (currently) can do is to import a PDF page as
> an image. This import is done using Ghostscript and generates a bitmap
> image from the PDF page.

ok now that I know that I am happier. I thought it was not showing it
properly because of an error I had made.

I made something transparent and when I exported it to pdf it
complained that transparency was an error.

Please can you tell me exactly how you would handle transparency.

for example
make a new document and in that a text box full of text.
on top of that I want to put, say a pair of scissors, of which I have
a photograph.
I would like a shadow of the scissors to be over the text.

regards

mick