[scribus] Latex Text in different Colour ?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 7 20:26:45 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 11:47:20 am Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been using the ability to insert LaTeX with Scribus with
> good results. I am experiencing a bug
> (http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8256) where trying to edit
> the LaTeX source in 1.3.5RC3 with Ubuntu 9.04 hangs Scribus
> sadly, (which I've reported), but it works well in Windows.
> PDFLatex is installed, and appears to work fine on the cmd line.
> If anyone can help with this it would be appreciated.
>
> What I'm also trying to do is simply to render LaTeX text in a
> different colour. You can set a few different fonts, and font
> sizes, but I cant find any means to set a colour.
>
> Anyone ?
Easy. You add a file named pdfcolor.tex thus:
\input pdfcolor.tex
In that file you will find about 70 CMYK colors defined. The colors
are defined first, then user friendly names are defined for the
colors, like
\def\cmykPeach{0 0.50 0.70 0}
followed by
\def\Peach{\pdfsetcolor{\cmykPeach}}
Why they chose a two step process I don't know.  But that is the
mechanism.  You can copy the method in your own file to make your
own colors.

To actually use the color Peach you would use the command (gasp!)
\Peach
with brackets around the  colored text thus:
{\Peach Isn't she a peach?}
To be safe add \Black after the closing bracket.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95