[scribus] I need help creating a publication for a public school

michael crane mick.crane at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 21:02:04 CEST 2009

2009/7/7 OM <malex at scribus.info>:
> For all replies please CC the requester as he's not subscribed to the list.
>
> * Tobias Lochner <tobias.lochner at googlemail.com> [2009-07-07 19:36:11 +0200]:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> I’m working as a teacher at a public school. At moment it’s my task to
>> compile a publication about all the stuff that’s going on at our school over
>> the year.
>>
>> Because there is already an other booklet about the school, which is made by
>> a professional, I want to use (nearly) the same design, that was used in
>> this publication. (This is also wanted by the administration.) I attached a
>> two page excerpt as an example.
>>

>> So this leads to my question(s):
>>

>> Is it possible to realize this kind of layout with scribus at moment?
>>
>> How can I get something like the circle-like borders on the left and right?
>>
>> What about the dropshawdows?

I think the circle is a rectangular image of a colour on a transparent
background made itself transparent in the image/properties/opacity
slider.
the drop shadow on the blackboard I think is part of the artwork again
on a transparent gif but I didn't get that to work , shadow went
solid. shouldn't be difficult.

regards

mick