[scribus] I need help creating a publication for a public school

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 7 21:34:18 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 01:36:11 pm Tobias Lochner wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I’m working as a teacher at a public school. At moment it’s my
> task to compile a publication about all the stuff that’s going on
> at our school over the year.
>
> Because there is already an other booklet about the school, which
> is made by a professional, I want to use (nearly) the same
> design, that was used in this publication. (This is also wanted
> by the administration.) I attached a two page excerpt as an
> example.
>

> So this leads to my question(s):
>

> Is it possible to realize this kind of layout with scribus at
> moment?
>
> How can I get something like the circle-like borders on the left
> and right?
>
> What about the dropshawdows?

The slate boards with drop shadows I would make in Gimp and import
as a single graphic.  The drop shadow with the blended edge is
easier in Gimp.

For the big circles you need a transparent layer with the part
circle inscribed and the outer area filled with semi-transparent
white.  Again this is easy in Gimp but perhaps doable in Scribus.
It looks like that newsletter was done with Photoshop or Gimp.

Scribus 1.3.5 has a Gimp exit that might be useful.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95