[scribus] [scrobus] Starting with Scribus

Blue Beehive alan at bluebeehive.com
Wed Jul 8 09:26:55 CEST 2009

Hi Murray

I have not produced anything in Scribus yet. When I get time spare I am
slowly working through the tutorial  and getting the feel of things
first. The village mag that I have promised to try to do is not due out
for a couple of months so I have a bit of time. All of this is still
being done on an XP (SP3) box, my Centos machine (another leaning curve)
is not up and running yet. OOo is therefore 3.0.1.

Styles are something that I have never fully explored and obviously
something that needs to be addressed. I have always formatted on the
fly. I suppose I can sum all of this up by saying that I am now learning
to do things properly, and unlearning many years of  'bodge it and see'.
It sounds a bit mad but I am actually enjoying it all. Just which I
could loose the day job and devote more time to it all.

Thanks again

Alan