[scribus] [scrobus] Starting with Scribus

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Wed Jul 8 10:57:04 CEST 2009

Blue Beehive wrote:
>> "Blue Beehive" <alan at bluebeehive.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for that info Murray.
>>
>> I found the tutorial after a helpful comment from John Culleton
>> earlier on and am working my way through it. As you say it is the new
>> mindset thing. After may years with MS (from 95 onwards) it is quite
>> a bit of a jump. And that is quite apart from the other jump into the
>> world of DTP.
>>
>> It has seemed to me, and you obviously agree that it is best to write
>> the text in OOo first then import it. It doesn't appear that a cut
>> and paste will do - though I may be, and probably am, wrong.
>>
>> Than you for taking the time to reply. As you say there are lots of
>> people willing to give up their time to help others. Even that is a
>> revelation after the secular word of MS. I just wish I could use this
>> list properly.
>>
>> Alan

Hi Alan

I note you're from the UK, same as I. Linux format also has some good
articles on Scribus from time to time too.

Also, you may wish to join your local LUG to help get your CENTOS box up
and running and to help you with Scribus. I'm the Herefordshire
LUGMaster www.hlug.org.uk, so we're not the closest, but you welcome to
join our LUG anyway = we have no geographical restrictions ;-)

And yes, the Scribus ML, is the happiest, most friendly and, most
helpful I have come across - its a great resource. Also, don't forget
the official docs, and wiki. And the new Scribus book, is alos well
worth get holding of ..

Good luck

--
Kind regards