[scribus] How to personalize a booklet?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 9 22:00:45 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 11:57:49 am John Beardmore wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > I have the whole process laid out conceptually except for one
> > problem; most web hosts don't support TeX.
>
> But if you own a host, and hosts are cheap, surely it's not too
> hard ?
>

> Cheers, J/.

I have a web site hosted by Doteasy. I can run cgi-bin programs,
javascript programs, php, etc. but I cannot install new app
software like TeX  AFAIK.  The software is Linux, probably Red Hat.

Of course I can use my own computer as a host since it runs Linux.
But my ISP (Comcast) won't allow me to run servers of any type on
it. I can fake them out by using ports like 8080 but that is not a
stable environment either. I did not consider remote hosts as cheap
but I will inquire.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95