[scribus] Image colorize no longer works?

Tijl Vercaemer tijl.vercaemer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:02:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm running Scribus 1.3.5 rc3 on OpenSUSE.
In older versions, I used to have a number of non-destructive image effects.
But now, when I click the "image effects" button (in the "manage images"
dialog), nothing happens. The button doesn't respond to the mouse click.
(I'm using a Dutch version, so I'm guessing the English names of the button
and dialog)
I have an old sla file that used the "colorize" effect on a number of
images. When I open the file now in Scribus 1.3.5 rc3, the images still have
their original color, not the new color I gave them. According to the
information in the XML, the document was created using Scribus 1.3.4. (on
ubuntu, in case that matters). The image effect looks like this in the XML:
    <ImageEffect Param="White
100" Code="2" />
But I don't see a white image in Scribus, I see a black one.

Is this a known issue? Is it a Scribus issue, or a Suse-only issue?

cheers,
Tijl