[scribus] Image colorize no longer works?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 9 22:37:22 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 04:02:28 pm Tijl Vercaemer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Scribus 1.3.5 rc3 on OpenSUSE.
> In older versions, I used to have a number of non-destructive
> image effects. But now, when I click the "image effects" button
> (in the "manage images" dialog), nothing happens. The button
> doesn't respond to the mouse click. (I'm using a Dutch version,
> so I'm guessing the English names of the button and dialog)
> I have an old sla file that used the "colorize" effect on a
> number of images. When I open the file now in Scribus 1.3.5 rc3,
> the images still have their original color, not the new color I
> gave them. According to the information in the XML, the document
> was created using Scribus 1.3.4. (on ubuntu, in case that
> matters). The image effect looks like this in the XML:
> <ImageEffect Param="White
> 100" Code="2" />
> But I don't see a white image in Scribus, I see a black one.
>
> Is this a known issue? Is it a Scribus issue, or a Suse-only
> issue?
>
> cheers,
> Tijl

It may be a Scribus 1.3.4 issue.  That branch of the evolutionary
tree went extinct pretty quickly.  Were you able to handle things
to your satisfaction under earlier releases of 1.3.5?  If so I
would revert to that earlier 1.3.5 version at least for this doc.

1.3.4 was never considered stable and 1.3.5 won't be either until it
is rebaptized as 1.4.0. Let the user beware.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95