[scribus] setting basepoint in script

Ralph Stirling Ralph.Stirling at wallawalla.edu
Sun Jul 12 19:39:25 CEST 2009

I'm trying to build a script for creating yearbooks.
In positioning text in captions, I would like to
position some text frames (ones that are right-justified
text) based on the upper-right corner rather than
the upper left.  I cannot find a way to specify the
basepoint in a script, nor does it seem possible to
fit a text frame to content so I can calculate the UR
corner position relative to the UL position.

Is there a technique I'm missing, or do I need to
submit a feature request for a scripting improvement?

Thanks,
-- Ralph