[scribus] Image colorize no longer works?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 18:44:36 CEST 2009

Jean Ghali wrote:

>>> frames.
>>>
>>> And does it have to be that way ?
>>>
>> Yes, at least until we can find a way to make colour management working
>> reliably.
>
> No, this is totally unrelated to color management. And in fact if image
> effects could be applied previously to eps and pdf placed in image frames,
> this was a bug. Why? Because it has always been planned that at a later
> stage vector elements from pdf/eps in image frame would be exported as
> vector elements and not rasterized. And this is now possible in Scribus
> 1.3.5svn with Podofo enabled builds, although still experimental. In this
> context, applying image effects on placed eps/pdf does not make much sense.

I'm not sure about that.  From a naive end user perspective, why be less
flexible with imported EPS and PDF than you would be for bitmaps ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor