[scribus] Image colorize no longer works?

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Mon Jul 13 12:20:51 CEST 2009

Christoph Schäfer wrote:

>> > Also correct. It has been disabled for EPS and PDF files in image
>> frames.
>>
>> And does it have to be that way ?
>>

> Yes, at least until we can find a way to make colour management working
> reliably.
>
> Cheers
>
> Christoph

No, this is totally unrelated to color management. And in fact if image
effects could be applied previously to eps and pdf placed in image frames,
this was a bug. Why? Because it has always been planned that at a later
stage vector elements from pdf/eps in image frame would be exported as
vector elements and not rasterized. And this is now possible in Scribus
1.3.5svn with Podofo enabled builds, although still experimental. In this
context, applying image effects on placed eps/pdf does not make much sense.

Jean