[scribus] Question about "Opacity"

Frank Pieczynski pieczy at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:03:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM, a.l.e<ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

>> At the top of the dialog that shows you that error, there is a drop
>> down box. Is pdf selected in that box? Of is it postscript?
>> If postscript is selected, the reason for that error is that
>> postscript can't handle transparency. I believe you should be able to
>> select pdf and check for errors again.

Thanks, I was not aware of that selection box.
Yes, with set to PDF 1.4 there was no error.

> pdf 1.3 doesn't handle transparency either: you have to use 1.4.

On the "Save as PDF" box there was 1.4 already selected. May be the
check window could respect that setting (depending on what was called
- save as PDF, or print as postscript) and do the check accordingly.

Regards,
Frank