[scribus] Size of text frame compared to contents

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:23:49 CEST 2009

I'm sure this is answered somewhere in the manual, but I can't find it
(actually, that's my biggest complaint about the manual... I just cannot
find stuff in it; maybe I'm just too used to the TeXbook's index).

Anyway, it seems like whenever I create a text frame and put some text in
it, the vertical extent of the box always has to be much larger than the
vertical extent of the text (roughly by a factor of two) in order for the
text to display. If I make the frame shorter than about twice the height of
the text, the text does not display at all.

It seems like there's some margin setting or something that is invisibly
occupying the lower half of the frame :-(

How do I create a text frame that fits much tighter around the text and yet
still allows the text to be displayed?

Currently using 64-bit Scribus 1.3.5svn 26 January 2009 (the Kubuntu-ng
package), but this has haunted me for at least the prior two Kubuntu
releases, so I think it's a fundamental lack of understanding on my part
rather than any kind of version-specific problem.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR