[scribus] Size of text frame compared to contents

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:11:45 CEST 2009

D. R. Evans said the following at 07/16/2009 04:23 PM :
> I'm sure this is answered somewhere in the manual, but I can't find it
> (actually, that's my biggest complaint about the manual... I just cannot
> find stuff in it; maybe I'm just too used to the TeXbook's index).

I think I should make it clear, having seen how this thread has developed,
that I chose the TeXbook merely as an example of a book with a wonderful
index -- I don't think I have ever failed to find what I wanted after
consulting its index. It had nothing to do with the fact that the TeXbook
happens to be about putting characters on a page.

Perhaps the following figures are telling:

Scribus manual length: ~430 pages
Scribus index length: ~6 pages

TeX manual length: ~455 pages
TeX index length: ~25 pages