[scribus] Font in PDF does not match screen

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sat Jul 18 22:40:45 CEST 2009

> It has nothing to do with bias. It has to do with you ignoring the word
> "unwary". You aren't an unwary user. Neither (now) am I.

The point here is that the need to embed fonts in PDFs is considered
"common knowledge" among DTP people.

Anybody publishing anything in any format should learn the limitations
of that format, and adjust their product to those limitations.

So, this is in no way a Scribus issue, it is a PDF issue. You would
have the same problem if you were using Indesign or using just Adobe
Acrobats PDF printer driver. You have to explicitly tell them to embed
fonts.

/Peter