[scribus] Font in PDF does not match screen

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 15:00:25 CEST 2009

Nick Hasser wrote:
> D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Nick Hasser said the following at 07/17/2009 07:29 PM :

>>> A great example that we should always check our output before publishing...
>> But if I'd checked it in okular that wouldn't have given any indication of
>> a problem. So merely checking the output is insufficient protection.
>>
>>   Doc
>>
> Ah, yes, I should have said... "a great example that we should always
> check out output in the environment it will be used/viewed before
> publishing".
>
> Do your readers use okular on a system configured as yours? It only
> seems common sense to me that if your readers will be viewing with
> Acrobat on WinXP, for example, that you should test in a similar
> environment before publishing.

Presumably the point is that PDF can be read by anyone anywhere on
anything. This makes such testing a bit difficult. A good idea then for
Scribus to be able to issue a warning ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor