[scribus] Review: Create book covers in Scribus by John Culleton

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Sun Jul 19 07:48:32 CEST 2009

Not sure if I missed an official announcement here on the list, but
John's E-book on using Scribus to design press-ready book covers is
available for purchase. Best $5.95 I ever spent on Scribus info! For my
publishing company's first book, we hired a professional cover designer.
But I have a couple short-run niche market books in the pipeline, and
can't afford that. I had a bunch of questions, and this 32 page E-book
answered them all.

John's cover calculator is pretty cool in itself:
http://wexfordpress.net/template.html

but I wasn't quite sure what to do next with all the data it generated.
No problems now, and am burning the midnight oil on a new cover after
downloading and poring over the book for a few hours.

Good job! I've never met John and have no affiliation with him or
Wexford Press, this is just a review. But I'd buy him a beer if we ever
met in person; this beginner's guide should save me from some serious
hassles.

You can buy the book here:
http://booklocker.com/books/4055.html

DAN FINK